Monday, August 6, 2012

Soon Come...

Well...its been awhile...and I am still in the ole USA. Since I last wrote I began physical therapy in DC, went back to Montana on May 20 to continue PT there, was released to return to work from the orthopedist here in Missoula on July 6, and achieved the ever illusive medical clearance from OMS on July 27. Now I am just waiting for PC Jamaica to give the country desk at PC HQ in DC an exact date for my return and then I can begin the reinstatement paperwork. When I last spoke to my country desk officer she said that it was looking like the end of August or the 1st week of September. So I appear to be on the down slope of my hiatus at home but that doesn't make it any easier, especially with my and Tom's 5 year anniversary coming up this Saturday, August 11th.

Physically I am doing very well. I can do just about everything I could before the injury just not for the length of time I could before the injury. However, its all still very encouraging that I've regained so many of my normal abilities.

The time I've had at home without Tom has had its ups and downs but there have been blessings in disguise, some with thicker disguises than others.

Ups:

 1. Getting to attend Neil Lehner and Sarah Huguet's wedding at the end of June.
 2. A 3 day trip to Absarokee where I got to spend time with my inlaws, float the Yellowstone, and visit with my darling Abby.
3. Rector Family Reunion at my grandmas house and going bike riding and kayaking with my dad.
4. Having Emma and Hannes come to Missoula and getting to take them to the water park.
5. Many evenings and weekends with my mama.

Downs

1. My grandfather past away at the end of May. His funeral was sad and difficult but I did get to help my dad and grandma take care of things and I felt blessed to be able to do so. I even wrote the obituary with their help of course but doing so gave me some closure.

2. Boredom...excessive boredom.

3. Anxiety over when I'll ever get to go back...(though that is now much less).

Currently my days are spent exercising, reading, watching the Olympics, and catching up on reruns of my favorite '90s TV shows on Netflix.

This week I am looking forward to the Western Montana Fair. Mama and I shall be attending the PBR show on either Tuesday or Wednesday and then on Thursday I am making her go with me to adult night at the local water park. It shall be fantastic!

I hope all of you out there on the interwebs are doing well and since I have a new computer (wahoo!) I hope to be updating this much more regularly!

Cheers,

Chelsea!




No comments:

Post a Comment